Approaching Passover





Happy Holy Week! 

I wanted to take some time to share with you an exciting Jewish celebration coming upPASSOVER!  



The feast of Passover is one of the most important Jewish festivals & it starts tomorrow (4/8/2020)! It is known as Pesach in Hebrew. You can find the original Passover story in Exodus 12. It is an intriguing story about how God freed the Israelites from slavery. Traditionally it lasts 7-8 days. As a family, we generally only take part in the Seder meal, which has specific rituals and names. 





In the past, I have added it to our homeschool week and celebrated it in our home in some form. This year we have added the Days United Passover Box, which I am super excited about!


Have you ever celebrated with you family? I was blessed to be able to share with my Bible study group a few years ago. Last year, we had member of Jews For Jesus visit our church to illustrate the beautiful Seder meal. They have a FREE Livestream experience that you can take part in by following the Jews For Jesus link. 


If you are looking for ways to include this celebration into your homeschool day, I have found some great resources:




This one has great ideas on how to celebrate. I love the idea of putting up a red ribbon on our door frame. It also has the idea of washable red paint, if you have some. 

https://everthinehome.com/5-easy-ideas-celebrate-passoverfor-every-christian/







I printed out 4 of these so that my kiddos (even my teens!) can color them. I am incorporating into our day today (day before Passover) so they are familiar with the terms. 

https://www.education.com/worksheet/article/color-passover-seder-plate/





For those with younger ones, this looks like a great early reader book. There are 20 nice coloring pages that I wish I had seen when my kiddos were younger. 


https://www.chabad.org/kids/article_cdo/aid/270608/jewish/Passover-Coloring-Book.htm





How do you plan to celebrate? 

I look forward to your feedback✱

Thanks for reading! 🕮

Have a happy 😃, HOPE-filled day 🕇

Praying for you 🙏


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More than Conquerors