Planning, planning & more planning...


"Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established." Prov 16:3

     

     So here we are already 8(!) days into August! I am just shocked how quick the time is going. I am feeling pretty relieved that I decided we "officially" start our homeschool after Labor Day...only 3 1/2 wks left to plan! 💆

     This will be my 6th consecutive year, I took about a 2 yr break while twins were super little & keeping me busy. Anyway, even after 6 yrs it's still a bit daunting for me to get through the planning stage. I always feel a little overwhelmed. I think that feeling is especially pronounced now that I will have 2 high schoolers! Somehow my oldest will be in 10th grade...Do I really only have 3 yrs left with her?!?! & only 4 left with my 2nd born?!?!
                                    
...I better make this time count!

     Our curriculum is eclectic. I like to pull from different places so that it fits our family & what I want our kiddos to learn. I feel like there is so much flexibility with that. Plus, I can cater to what my kiddos want to learn, esp when they "know" what they want to be. 3 of my 4 want to go into the medical field (midwife, nurse, & vet). So, for now we can focus on biology, medical terms, etc. 

     I like to use tangible books for most of our subjects. This year we are using Master Books for science, The Good & The Beautiful for handwriting, & Notgrass History for twins'. I also use Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool for english/grammar & Teaching Textbooks online for math. 💓

     

     This year we have incorporated two new items to our curriculum which I am excited about! I have heard great things about Bible Quest & look forward to using it during our morning family time. Also, Constitution Alive is already so good! My hubs & I watched the 1st video & learned so much. Given our current political climate, I really want my children to have a firm understanding about The U.S. Constitution, which I most definitely did/do not have. It's going to be an exciting year here @ Matteson Academy! 🙌

     What are some of your favorite must haves for your curriculum?? We have tried a lot of different ones, some we love, some not so much. My twins are getting a better education because of it. What we didn't or did like for the big girls, the twins reap the benefits of it. 😏


I included this hyperlink because that is where I got the calendar in the top pic. I found it very useful to print different calendars for free 🙂


See you next time!!!

Happy a happy, Hope Filled Thursday! 💖


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More than Conquerors